UPDATE: We DO now have an Art & Photo coordinator!
We are looking forward to seeing your student's art!
Open to any Oklahoma homeschooled student between ages 5–18.
Home-educated seniors who have not turned 19 years old before September 1st, 2012, are eligible to participate.
All contest entries must be the original creative expressions of the artist alone. Work may not be photocopied or traced.
- Contestants will receive entry into the convention as part of their entry fee and will receive a wristband to attend the convention.
- This does not include admission for parents. Parents must register through normal OCHEC registration procedures at www.ochec.com in order for students to enter the Art & Photo Contest.
- Registration forms and fees must be postmarked no later than April 15th. Entry forms will not be accepted at the convention.
- Please make checks payable to OCHEC.
- Mail registration and checks to Art & Photo Contest, 9521 B. Riverside Parkway #494 Tulsa, OK 74137
- A maximum of 75 art entries can be accepted for the 2013 Eastern Oklahoma Homeschool Convention in Tulsa.
- Registrations will be accepted in the order they are received.
Delivery & Pick-Up
- For the Eastern Oklahoma Convention in Tulsa, all entries should be delivered between noon and 6pm on Monday, April 29th, or between 8–9am Tuesday, April 30th. Enter the SpiritBank Event Center through the glass doors on the south side. Entries must be picked up no later than 5:30pm on May 1st, after which time they will be discarded.
- We would prefer to have all art contest entries remain on the convention floor as long as possible for convention attendees to enjoy.
- Each entry will receive a number and an identification card at delivery. These cards must be firmly attached to, or as near to, the art as possible, in order to be visible for judging.
Size & Presentation
- Each photo, drawing, and painting entered in the contest must be displayed on a floor easel. Easels will be provided.
- Table tops will be provided for sculpture and craft entries only.
- Fragile media must be adequately protected by the artist.
- All art work must be easily moved by one person.
- Drawings and paintings should be mounted (cardboard or mattes) in order for the artwork to be displayed without damage. Work may also be framed. Easels will be behind ropes in order to protect the art work to the best of our ability.
- Photos, paintings, and drawings should be large enough to be displayed and viewed easily. (8"x10" or larger is recommended, but not required.)
Judging & Awards
- For the Eastern Oklahoma Homeschool Convention, all art work must be checked in and on display by 9am on Tuesday, April 30th, in order to be judged.
- All entries will receive a participation award.
- Ribbons will be awarded for 1st through 5th Place and for People's Choice.
- Prizes will be awarded for 1st through 3rd Place and People's Choice.
- People's Choice Awards will be selected by convention attendees for each age category.
- All decisions of the judges are final.
- Contest entries should not violate the spirit of OCHEC’s Statement of Faith. Entries should honor the talent that God has bestowed upon the artists.
- OCHEC is not responsible for loss or damage from any cause.
- OCHEC reserves the right not to accept entries that we feel do not meet contest criteria.
- OCHEC reserves the right to use reproduction of entered art work at its discretion.
- OCHEC reserves the right to amend rules as circumstances dictate.
- Please contact Art and Photo Contest Coordinator, Tammy Slack at email@example.com with any questions or concerns.